DWI Attorney in Schenectady, NY & Albany, NY
If you have been arrested on Driving While Intoxicated (DWI), Aggravated Driving While Intoxicated (Aggravated DWI) or Driving While Ability Impaired (DWAI) charges, Della Ratta Law Office can help you fight your charges and preserve your freedom. With over 70 years combined experience, the attorneys at Della Ratta Law Office utilize their knowledge and experience of the law to successfully defend their clients in DWI court. In addition, they are committed to providing each client with personalized attention and unwavering dedication throughout their case.
What are the types of alcohol violations in New York State?
- Driving While Intoxicated (DWI): .08 Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) or higher or other evidence of intoxication. For drivers of commercial motor vehicles: .04 BAC or other evidence of intoxication
- Aggravated Driving While Intoxicated (Aggravated DWI): .18 BAC or higher
- Driving While Ability Impaired by Alcohol (DWAI/Alcohol): more than .05 BAC but less than .07 BAC, or other evidence of impairment
- Zero Tolerance Law: A driver who is less than 21 years of age and who drives with a .02 BAC to .07 BAC violates the Zero Tolerance Law
- Leandra’s Law: A driver with .08 BAC or higher with child in vehicle violates the Child Passenger Protection Act, also known as Leandra’s Law, a Felony even for first offenders.
Defending people charged with alcohol related offenses is a very specific area of criminal law. Effective defense of DWI related charges sometimes involves seeking the best possible “plea agreement” with the District Attorney’s office. Other times, it may mean taking the charges to a trial. Whatever the situation, our attorneys at Della Ratta Law Office understand both the law and the science of determining whether an individual is intoxicated, how that was determined by the police and whether proper procedures were followed, often determining the outcome of a case.
We are highly experienced in representing New York drivers charged with drunk driving and have successfully had charges dismissed or lowered in prior cases.*
Get in touch with The Della Ratta Law Office to arrange a consultation at 518-372-5467.
*Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome